FortiGate virtual appliances provide next-generation firewall security and threat protection equivalent to FortiGate hardware appliances. Virtual appliances help reduce the data center’s footprint and increase IT agility for faster deployments in both on-premise data centers and off-premise cloud environments.
Through network virtualization in a VMware software-defined data center environment, FortiGate virtual appliances can be centrally managed and orchestrated to add advanced security functionality.
In a software-defined networking environment, like Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure, all traffic can be routed on-demand through FortiGate virtual and hardware appliances for advanced security inspection.
FortiGate offers the industry’s broadest virtualization and cloud platform support including:
- VMware® ESXi Hypervisors and NSX Network Virtualization
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- HP Helion Openstack
- OpenStack / KVM / Neutron Plugin
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) / Xen
- Microsoft Azure / Hyper-V
- Software form factor delivers on-demand security agility
- Flexible licensing and packaging eases heterogeneous datacenter deployment and cloud migration
- Centralized management operationalizes consistent security policy updates
- Rich set of RESTful and JSON APIs seamlessly bridges the end- to- end ecosystem integration
FortiGate-VM mitigates blind spots by implementing critical security controls.Its software form factor delivers on-demand agility required for cloud environments. Fortinet has the broadest virtual machine portfolio across leading hypervisors and cloud platforms. FortiGate-VM features all security / networking services common to traditional hardware-based FortiGate appliances, plus security intelligence from FortiOS.
|Product Name||Firewall Throughput 1518 Bytes||Firewall Throughput 512 Bytes||Firewall Max Concurrent Session||Firewall New Sessions per second||IPS Throughput||IPSec Throughput 512 Byte Packet||Total Network Interfaces||Total Storage Capacity|
|FortiGate-VM00||500 Mbps||500 Mbps||500 K||10 K||400 Mbps||100 Mbps||10 x virtual nics||(Up to) 2 TB|
|FortiGate-VM08||4.0 Gbps*||4.0 Gbps*||8.0 M||100 K||1.0 Gbps||200 Mbps||10 x virtual nics|
|FortiGate-VM04||2.0 Gbps||2.0 Gbps||3.5 M||75 K||800 Mbps||175 Mbps||10 x virtual nics|
|FortiGate-VM02||1.6 Gbps||1.6 Gbps||2.5 M||25 K||600 Mbps||150 Mbps||10 x virtual nics|
|FortiGate-VM01||1.0 Gbps||1.0 Gbps||1.0 M||20 K||600 Mbps||125 Mbps||10 x virtual nics||(Up to) 2 TB|
FortiGate-VMX is a platform-centric security solution, with the latest VMware NSX API integration to provide complete visibility and network security inspection for East-West inter-VM traffic across security clusters. Within a dynamic network virtualization infrastructure, its management, control and data planes work in lockstep to deliver the best platform interoperability for VMware SDDC.
- FortiGate-VMX 2.0 Solution Brief
- FortiGate-VMX 2.0 Technical Whitepaper
- VMware NSX Compatibility Listing